This recipe has always been a family favorite growing up!
- 5 -6 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless (Next time I’d add half the amount of chicken as I like mine a little more “saucy”)
- 1(10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1(10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell’s Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 -5 tablespoons curry powder, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 -2 heads broccoli, enough to cover bottom of dish
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese or asiago cheese, shredded
- 1 sleeve of ritz crackers or saltine crackers, crumbled
- 2 TBSP butter (optional)
- 3 cups of white rice, cooked.
- Bring chicken to a boil with salt, pepper and garlic. Turn to low, cover and simmer for about 40 minutes. Rinse and shred chicken into large pieces (will break up more when stirring into sauce) and set aside.
- Cut broccoli into bite size pieces. Place broccoli in a pan of boiling water and steam about 4 min till cooked but slightly firm — will continue to cook a bit in the oven. Put broccoli in the bottom of a 9×13 glass baking dish.
- In large pot combine soup, mayo, chicken broth, cheese and curry powder (use less amount first and add more to your taste). I usually like about 3 T. Add a couple dashes of pepper. Heat over medium till warm. Add shredded chicken.
- Pour soup & chicken mixture over broccoli.
- Top with crushed crackers. (Optional: you can brown your crackers in a little butter over the stovetop if you want before adding them . . . I skip the butter step because I tell myself I’m cutting the calories, but really, I’m just lazy)
- Bake in 375 degree oven for about 30 minutes till bubbly.
- Serve over white rice.
Recipe slightly adapted from MsWolfcry on http://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-broccoli-curry-casserole-385451