It was 32 degrees outside & snowing when my brother and his girlfriend headed out to go canoeing & hiking this morning. Brrrrr . . . that is one cold date. But toasty tomato tortellini soup awaits them on their return. My friend, Kimmy, introduced this recipe to me & if you like grilled cheese and tomato soup, you will love this creamy tomato-cheese combination 🙂
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Additional shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the soup, broth, milk, cream, tomatoes and seasonings.
- Heat through, stirring frequently.
- Drain tortellini; carefully add to soup.
- Stir in cheese. Sprinkle each serving with additional cheese if desired.Yields: 10 servings (2-1/2