16 oz pkg. bow tie pasta (I used the tomato & carrot Piccolini mini farfalle for extra vegetables)
1 lb. ground beef (I used ground chicken)
2 (14.5) diced tomatoes with roasted garlic
1 (15 oz) white kidney beans
10 oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach
1/4 tsp. salt
Cook pasta according to package direction.
In a large skillet, cook beef (or chicken) over medium heat 6-8 minutes, or until no longer pink; drain.
Stir in two (undrained) cans of tomatoes, one (rinsed and drained) can of kidney beans, and one (thawed & squeezed dry) package of spinach and salt; heat through.
Serve with Pasta
Recipe from Lisa Diffell, Corinth, ME
For Easter or Thanksgiving, this dish is an excellent way to add a color & vegetables to your table in a creative way. Please pass the carrots!
2 c. cooked mashed carrots
1 c. dry bread crumbs
1 c. milk
3/4 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/3 c. butter, melted
1 small onion, grated
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
10 oz. package frozen green peas
Mix the first 8 ingredients (all ingredients except eggs and peas) together
Beat the eggs on high speed until frothy & thickened and fold into the carrot mixture.
Spoon into a greased metal or aluminum tube pan (I like to use a bundt pan with a design to give it more style)
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes
Remove from oven and let it cool for 20 mintues before inverting.
Heat frozen peas & place in center.
It was 32 degrees outside & snowing when my brother and his girlfriend headed out to go canoeing & hiking this morning. Brrrrr . . . that is one cold date. But toasty tomato tortellini soup awaits them on their return. My friend, Kimmy, introduced this recipe to me & if you like grilled cheese and tomato soup, you will love this creamy tomato-cheese combination 🙂
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Additional shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the soup, broth, milk, cream, tomatoes and seasonings.
- Heat through, stirring frequently.
- Drain tortellini; carefully add to soup.
- Stir in cheese. Sprinkle each serving with additional cheese if desired.Yields: 10 servings (2-1/2